Annual Dialysis Conference 2019: Call for Abstracts
ADC will accept abstract submissions electronically through October 22, 2018.
We invite abstracts describing new research, clinical experiences, case studies and quality improvement and education projects on peritoneal dialysis (PD) and hemodialysis (HD). Abstracts will be considered for oral presentation and poster sessions.
Publication of Abstracts
- Peritoneal dialysis abstracts will be published online in Peritoneal Dialysis International
- Hemodialysis abstracts will be published online in Hemodialysis International
- PD/HD abstracts will be published in the journal indicated by the author or selected by the editor.
ADC will accept an abstract submission if the abstract:
- has not been submitted for publication at another meeting
- meets the general guidelines
ADC will not accept an abstract submission if the abstract
- has already been published
- has been accepted for publication
- does not meet the general guidelines
- The title must clearly indicate the nature of the investigation or clinical focus
- Do not identify author(s) or institution(s) in the title
Body of the Abstract
- Make the abstract brief but as informative as possible.
- Organize the body of the abstract as follows:
- Background and purpose of study, project, or program
- Methods or approach
- Conclusions (must be supported by data)
- Use standard abbreviations and generic drug names
- Place unusual abbreviations or acronyms in parentheses after first use
- Do not identify author(s) or institution(s) in text
Notification of Acceptance
- Notification of acceptance or rejection will be made by email during November
- Acceptance of an abstract does not waive the registration fee
Abstract Design Categories
- Clinical Process Improvement
- Case Study
- Didactic Presentation, e.g. Professional Development, Management, Patient Education, etc.
A $500 grant will be awarded to the first author of the abstract selected as outstanding in the following categories:
- The Outstanding HD Abstract
- The Outstanding HD Nursing Abstract
- The Outstanding PD Abstract
- The Outstanding PD Nursing Abstract
- The Outstanding Pediatric Abstract authored by a physician
- The Outstanding Pediatric Abstract authored by a non-physician
For registration questions, please call 573-882-4349 or 1-866-682-6663.